Booking & Cancellation Polices
Read Our Rental & Cancellation Policies
- Please note we are the Management Company for multiple Cabin owners. As such our policies reflect those of standard vacation management companies; similar to VRBO vacation rental by owner property management. We are not a resort or hotel.
- All rates are based on single or double occupancy (one or two guests in the cabin).
- Additional people aged 6 years and over, add $20 per night. A maximum of 6 people per 2 bedroom cabin/suite: A maximum of 4 people per 1 bedroom cabin/suite. A maximum of 2 people aged 19+ per Lodge suite.
- Pets are always welcome based on availability of space. A $20.00 per pet, per night policy will be applied for pets. Owners are responsible for any damage or excessive cleaning charges. Pets MUST be on a leash while on common grounds at The Cabins. Owners will need to sign our ‘common sense’ pet policy upon check-in. Sorry no pets in The Lodge, respectfully.
- We are unable to hold or secure a booking without a reservation deposit of 50% (before tax). Deposits are accepted by Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- The remaining 50% or outstanding balance plus all taxes are to be paid upon date of arrival or check-in.
- One night bookings will be charged the entire amount upon making a reservation.
- 30 day advance cancellation notice required for deposit refund, less $50.00 administration fee.
- If credit card company processing fee for the deposit on your reservation exceeds $50.00, then the total amount of the processing fee will be charged and held back.
- Date changes are subject to a $25.00 administration fee and are only possible outside of 30 days prior to arrival; based on availability.
- Any changes made within the 30 day cancellation time are considered a new reservation and subject to the cancellation policies.
- Cancellations made with less than 30 days’ notice may only receive credit for days that have been re-booked for the same nightly rate.
- Cancellations made with less than 30 days’ notice may be subject to discounted special rates in order to be resold.
- No refunds will be made for unused days or early departures.
- All rates are quoted in Canadian dollars.
- All rates subject to a total of 15% tax. The break down is as follows 5% GST – 8 % PST – 2% hotel room tax.
- Check-in 3:00 to 6:00 PM, Checkout 11:00 AM.
- Late arrivals after 6:00 PM please make prior arrangements with the Check in office. The Check in office can be reached by emailing [email protected] or by calling toll free 1-866-GET-HERE (438-4373)
- All cabins & suites are non-smoking.
Check In Info
Stay at The Cabins while in Ucluelet – Discover Vancouver Island’s West Coast
Reservations Toll Free 1-866-GET-HERE (438-4373)
Read Our Guest Agreement
“Help Us, Help You”
Here at the Cabins we are pretty chill and hope that you are able to be chill as well. We do wish, however, to come to an agreement at check-in so that the cabins, the land, and the staff are treated with respect.
All of our cabins are NON SMOKING. When smoking on the decks please use the ashtrays provided.
All Cabin Supplies (dishes, bedding, etc.) need to stay in the cabin. Please do not move items from cabin to cabin as it makes it difficult for housekeeping to sort out. Inventory of each cabin has just been completed.
Please use towels for in-cabin personal use only. Please do not take them to the beach or use them for cleaning up spills in the kitchen.
There is some rock landscaping on The Cabins premises. Please keep off of the rocks.
Please keep garbage inside so as to not attract bears or other critters. Extra garbage bags have been provided. If you are willing and able please take garbage up to the bin, which is located behind the burm to the left of the Check In Centre (along the old road).
Terrace Beach is one of the most bio-diverse beaches on the west coast at low tide. Please leave all living creatures; starfish, anemones, crabs and plants at the beach to help us keep it that way.
“The Cabins” Recycle! Please help us by rinsing out your recyclable containers before placing them in the recycling bin outside your cabin. Currently everything but glass jars is recycled in Ucluelet.
*Glass beverage containers/bottles can be recycled.
Washing dishes is a guest responsibility. Handle with care.
In general try to leave the cabin as close to how you found it as possible in respect to the property and staff.
Please keep noise down after 11 pm, as a common courtesy to all.
Please return the same number of keys that you were given at Check-In when you Checkout.
Checkout Time is by 11:00am. This allows our staff enough time to prepare the cabin for our next guest.
We are really quite friendly and wish to provide you with a great Home Base on the West Coast. It is our pleasure to have you as our guests at The Cabins. Please enjoy your stay in Ucluelet!
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question you don’t see here? Please Contact Us so we can help.
Q. How far are The Cabins (Ucluelet) from Vancouver? Victoria? Seattle?
Nanaimo to Ucluelet approx: 2.5 – 3 hrs
Vancouver to Ucluelet (via BC Ferries at Horseshoe Bay) approx: 5 – 6 hrs
Victoria to Ucluelet approx: 3.5 – 4 hrs.
Seattle to Ucluelet approx: (Via BC Ferries at Tsawwassen) 7 – 8 hrs
► BC Ferries Reservations
► Driving Directions
Q. Can I reserve a playpen?
Overseas Guests: Our guests from overseas have first priority as they can not pack a play pen (and note we host many overseas guests all year round). We still cannot guarantee a playpen will be available, so please confirm before-hand.
Domestic Local Guests: We ask all local domestic guests traveling with a vehicle to bring their own play pen and anything to do with child safety, such as gates etc.
Q. Is there dishware and cutlery provided at The Cabins?
Q. Are there bed linens and towels provided at The Cabins?
Q. What should I bring to enjoy the coast?
Binoculars for wildlife viewing
A water bottle & a DAY PACK for some snack foods and a warm top/jacket
Sturdy shoes or good hiking boots or water shoes
In summer; beach attire, blankets & towels
Raincoats/pants and rubber boots are a good idea ~ umbrellas are not
There are local convenience stores that you can rent from while visiting, however, our selection is not that of a larger city.
Pack to dress in layers. During the winter, it is most often mild/warm, but can become much colder when the skies are clear. Carry an additional light jacket or a wind/rain shell. In winter, snow may be experienced through the Alberni Valley… Good winter tires are recommended from December through January.
Q. Is there maid service at the cabins?
Our Cabin Care team will remove garbage and recycling (beverage containers only) from Ocean Front Cabins # 1, # 3, and # 4, Long Board Suite # 19, and Spring Cove “Happy Cabin” automatically every 3rd day (after every 2 nights sleep) due to their locations farther away from the bear safe bins/check in centre.
All other units can take their own garbage to the bin(s) or request a pick up.
Towels for any units will be replaced upon request.
Further attention (cabin/suite cleaning or sheets changed, etc.) can be scheduled at $ 25 per visit.
Need something – please ask.
We have simplified our ‘Cabin Care’ due to feedback from guests over many years. We provide your stocked and clean self-sufficient accommodation and leave you alone. If you need something – please just ask.
We ask all of our guests to leave their units as tidy as possible out of respect for the Cabin Care Team that will clean after your departure.
Pets on the furniture, smoking inside, dirty dishes and anything else that requires excessive cleaning/attention; will result in additional charges.